Ms. Suzanne L. Saxman, a partner in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and Chair of Seyfarth’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice group, concentrates her practice in mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, and general corporate matters. Ms. Saxman advises clients on commercial financing matters and negotiates acquisition financing, private debt and equity financing, and venture capital.
Ms. Saxman counsels clients—from entrepreneurs and start-ups to large privately held companies—through each phase of growth, during times of economic prosperity and economic downturn. She advises on the ideal form of organization, business plans, equity and stockholder agreements, commercial transactions, and exit strategies. Ms. Saxman has extensive experience resolving owner disputes and negotiating settlements.
Ms. Saxman represents clients in mergers and acquisitions and other business development opportunities such as marketing, distribution and licensing agreements, and joint ventures. She strategizes on the business and legal aspects of negotiating transactions and corporate governance. Ms. Saxman also represents clients on the purchase and sale of distressed assets.
Ms. Saxman works with clients across many industries including manufacturing, distribution, technology, business and professional services, construction, and packaging. She handles matters “in scale” and uses her project management skills to deliver services on time and on budget.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law (1981)
- Topics Editor and Member, University of Illinois Law Review
- B.A., University of Michigan (1977)
- American Bar Association (Section on Business Law, Middle Market and Small Business and Commercial Financial Services Committee)
- Association for Corporate Growth, Chicago Chapter (Executive Committee and Board Member 2010–present, President 2015–2016)
- Austin Peoples Action Center
- University of Illinois College of Law, Deans Advisory Board (Board Member 1998–2001; 2004–Present)
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP – Pension Committee
Rate : $$$