With a focus on guiding companies through FDA regulatory issues, high-stakes supply chain transactions, and strategic growth, Suzanne Trigg represents FDA regulated companies, with a focus on restaurant chains, retailers, and consumer products companies, in negotiating and documenting transactions and understanding regulatory requirements so that they can make informed choices.
Suzie Trigg is a go-to lawyer for companies tackling supply chain changes, having been lead outside counsel, among others, for:
- A 7,500+ store retailer in negotiating supply chain agreements for transactions expected to total $25 billion over five years
- Multiple global restaurant chains in updating supplier standards and supply chain agreements and in helping to address potential gaps in food safety
- A global food company in restructuring a subsidiary’s distribution network, including negotiating multiple termination and release agreements and a series of new agreements
- A fresh produce company in developing agreements for use with growers, processors, storage facilities and others in the supply chain
- A cosmetics company developing distribution agreements for use in three dozen countries
Suzie also helps companies lawfully market their products by helping them review labels, product claims and their substantiation, and by reviewing online promotional materials. Her experience in this area includes foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics, personal care products, medical devices, and over-the-counter drugs. She frequently provides advice and guidance on strategies to reduce the risk of a demand, class action, or regulatory enforcement related to a product’s labeling or promotion.
While much of her work focuses on managing legal risks and forming compliance strategies designed to minimize risk and avoid costly delays or setbacks, Suzie also helps companies quickly, thoroughly, and efficiently address obstacles, such as regulatory enforcement, potential product recalls, and disputes with distributors or other supply chain partners.
Given Suzie’s experience, she often assists with mergers and acquisitions, including by leading due diligence of FDA regulated companies, negotiating ancillary agreements with supply chain partners, and helping address issues critical to deal closure.
Suzie is in her third year of serving on FDLI’s Food Advertising and Litigation Conference Planning Committee. Suzie previously served on FDLI’s Food and Dietary Supplements Committee and FDLI’s Writing Awards Committee. Suzie has completed coursework in food law through Michigan State University’s Institute for Food Laws and Regulations and is a member of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT).
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2006, with honors, Texas Environmental Law Journal
- B.S., Animal Science, Texas A&M University, 2003
- The Honorable Brian L. Owsley, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Texas
- Institute for Food Laws and Regulations, Michigan State University
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2006
Rate : $$$$