Suzanne A. Walker focuses her practice on matters relating to employee benefits and executive compensation for public and private companies. Her employee benefit experience includes advising clients with respect to the design, drafting, and operation of tax-qualified retirement plans such as 401(k) plans, employee stock ownership plans, and KSOPs. Ms. Walker frequently advises clients on executive compensation matters relating to employment and consulting agreements, and the design and implementation of cash and stock-based incentive compensation plans. Publicly-traded companies benefit from Ms. Walker’s extensive knowledge of federal securities disclosure and registration rules governing stock benefit plans. Ms. Walker works closely with clients on the drafting of proxy statements and other securities filings.
Private and public companies also seek Ms. Walker’s guidance with human resource law issues, including the development of effective personnel policies and practices, employee and director education on employer-sponsored benefit plans, and the management of reductions in force and other severance matters.
- Represented a Philadelphia financial institution on executive compensation and employee benefits matters. Assisted in the design and drafting of a comprehensive retirement program that included merging the institution’s employee stock ownership plan and 401(k) plan and freezing the institution’s defined benefit plan, along with drafting a supplemental retirement plan for certain executive officers impacted by the restructuring of the institution’s retirement benefit program. The firm counseled the Compensation Committee on the design of an equity incentive plan and assisted the committee and management in developing performance-based criteria for equity awards.
- Represented a large Massachusetts financial institution on executive compensation and employee benefits matters, including implementation of arrangements in connection with its initial public offering and change in control and golden parachute issues in acquisition.
- Represented a Missouri financial institution on executive compensation and employee benefits matters. Assisted client in the design and implementation of a stock and cash-based bonus program and related deferred compensation plan for its mortgage banking division.
- Represented Polonia Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Huntingdon Valley, Pa. in its acquisition by Prudential Bancorp, Inc. based in Philadelphia, Pa. The firm counseled the Board of Directors, negotiated the terms of the merger agreement, and prepared shareholder disclosure materials and other SEC filings.
- Hofstra University, J.D.
- American University, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$