Swathi Padmanabhan’s practice focuses on international and domestic public and private mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, investments and strategic transactions. She has a particular interest in helping clients complete strategic transactions in the life sciences and technology industries.
Swathi’s broad corporate practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions. Her experience includes representing and counseling public and private companies and private equity firms in domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions. She also advises private equity funds and their portfolio companies in all types of complex business transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Swathi was an associate in the financial services and health care groups of an international law firm. Her background there includes experience as a securities attorney, having represented and counseled issuers through a wide variety of public and private corporate financing transactions, including 144A offerings, equity offerings, debt offerings, exchange offers, and other securities-based transactions.
In addition, she has advised clients on compliance and corporate governance issues, including periodic reporting responsibilities, New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq listing rules, and compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Swathi has researched and published several articles pertaining to corporate and technology law matters, including co-authoring an article on HIPAA privacy and security in the American Health Lawyers Association Connections magazine, authoring an article on cybersecurity in the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law, for which she served on the editorial board, and first authoring an article on the importance of strategic technology transfer partnerships with respect to the enabling HPV vaccine technologies in Nature Biotechnology, which, at the time of publication, officials at the World Health Organization recognized as one of the most rigorous technical analyses written to date.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2013
- AB, Duke University, 2010
Bar Admission : Georgia
- Counseled multinational pharmaceutical company in its $300 million asset purchase
- Counseled Georgia public company bank through $260 million asset sale
- Counseled public company community bank through $60 million asset purchase
- Counseled private wealth management companies through serial acquisitions ranging from $10 million to $70 million
- Counseled alternative real estate investment vehicles through serial Regulation D common stock private placement offerings aggregating over $250 million
Membership : Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Rate : $$$