Swati Bodas is an Associate in the New York office. She practices in the area of U.S. immigration law and advises clients on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa matters, with a focus on business immigration and U.S. immigration issues involved with global mobility for multinational companies.
Swati represents various corporate clients, including small and medium-sized companies employing individuals in creative, financial and technology occupations.
Swati has assisted clients with corporate immigration program design and management, compliance, J-1 exchange program administration, family-based immigration needs, criminal admissibility, PERM and numerous other matters.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Swati worked for an immigration firm in Toronto, Canada, where she provided counsel on U.S. immigration law to high-volume, multinational clients and affiliates, and submitted applications on behalf of clients to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the United States Department of Labor, and various U.S. consulates worldwide. Swati was also a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer in the Central High Atlas Mountains of Morocco.
Swati speaks English and Marathi.
- Managed high volume H-1B caseload through cap season for a multinational client, including project planning, management and training of local and offshore teams.
- Managed and supported the in-house immigration function of a large multinational organization, creating and optimizing processes, advising on strategies ranging from the new hire process and global assignments to immigrant and citizenship processes.
- Assisted with complex compliance issues including LCA audits.
- Served as an alternate responsible officer (ARO) for a corporate J-1 program, carrying out the expansion and administration of the program.
- St. John’s University, School of Law | J.D., 1998
- University of Virginia | B.A., 1991
Bar Admissions: New York; New Jersey
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$