Swati R. Prakash is a litigator who represents a variety of clients in commercial litigation, government investigations, and civil rights actions.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Harvard School of Public Health, M.S.
- Harvard University, A.B.
Judicial Clerkship : Hon Margo K. Brodie, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2012 – 2013
Bar Admissions :
- New York
Representative Matters :
- Represent a major record industry client in a breach of contract claim concerning royalties owed for digital downloads under legacy recording agreements.
- Represented a large non-profit conducting an internal investigation of compliance with congressional funding and registration requirements.
- Represent musical instrument parts supplier as the plaintiff in a claim for defamation and false advertising under the Lanham Act.
Pro Bono :
- Represent a former grocery store clerk in a federal action alleging minimum wage and overtime violations and sexual orientation discrimination.
- Represent death row inmate in Memphis, Tennessee in a federal habeas corpus proceeding.
Previous Experience :
- Law clerk to the Honorable Margo K. Brodie, Eastern District of New York (2013-2014)
- Program Director, The Pacific Institute (Oakland, CA)
- Environmental Health Director, WE ACT for Environmental Justice (New York, NY)
Rate : $$$