Sydney N. English focuses her practice on trademark litigation and prosecution, client counseling, and providing opinions related to fashion, textiles, sports equipment and apparel, automotive, food and beverage, and consumer goods. She draws on her background in fashion and textile technology to work with clients across design and branding challenges.
Sydney’s practice includes trademark prosecution, trademark litigation, and false advertising. She assists with counseling clients on the selection, registration, maintenance, portfolio management, and enforcement of trademarks in the United States and abroad.
Sydney is involved in cases before the federal trial courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). She also has experience in design patent prosecution and counseling.
Prior to attending law school, Sydney worked as an assistant product manager for department store Belk, Inc., where she developed product lines and worked with both domestic and international vendors. During law school, she served as a law clerk for Finnegan and a judicial intern for the Honorable Gerald Bruce Lee for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- George Washington University Law School J.D., 2016
- North Carolina State University B.S., Textile Technology, summa cum laude, 2013
- North Carolina State University B.S., Fashion and Textile Management, summa cum laude, 2010
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Fashion Affinity Group, 2017
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$