Sydney R. Kestle focuses on several areas of patent law, including litigation in U.S. district courts and proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Her work covers various industries, including biotechnology, industrial manufacturing, and medical devices.
Sydney has technical experience in the biomedical arts, specifically in tissue engineering, biomechanics, and material science. Her undergraduate research focused on developing tissue-engineered constructs to combat cartilage degeneration in the knee. Sydney also maintains a pro bono practice assisting with veterans’ affairs.
- American University, Washington College of Law J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- University of Pennsylvania B.S.E., Bioengineering, cum laude, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, Hon. Alan D. Lourie
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Professional Activities :
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County (Community Outreach Committee, board member)
- Giles S. Rich American Inn of Court (membership co-chair, 2015-2017)
- Society of Women Engineers
- Order of the Coif
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
Rate : $$$$