Syed S. Ahmad represents clients in connection with insurance coverage, reinsurance matters and other business litigation. Syed has been admitted to the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, US District Court for the District of Columbia and US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represents clients in connection with disputes involving general liability, errors and omissions, and directors and officers policies, including coverage issues arising out of multi-district litigation related to claims from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Advises clients in connection with product recall incidents, including claim submission, claim adjustment inquiries, indemnity payments, settlement negotiations, and coverage disputes.
- Counsels clients in connection with commercial property claims and litigation, including claims arising from the World Trade Center Attack and claims related to Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Represents clients in matters involving coverage for professional liability claims, including in litigation involving large nursing home care provider and several other insurers.
- Counsels clients concerning allocation of coverage among excess and primary carriers, including the availability of coverage for tens of thousands of asbestos lawsuits for multiple insureds and related entities.
- Advises clients seeking product contamination and food recall insurance, and manuscripts endorsements.
- Represents clients in multi-million dollar reinsurance disputes in litigation and arbitrations involving follow the fortunes and follow the settlement doctrines, allocation disputes, rescission claims, and notice obligations.
- Counsels clients in reinsurance recovery efforts under facultative and treaty business.
- Advises clients in connection with bad faith and extra-contractual claims related to insurance and reinsurance claims.
- Represents clients in various business matters, including tortious interference claim and contractual disputes.
- Represented client in insurance dispute in successful appeal to Ohio Supreme Court, which resulted in decision clarifying Ohio law on application of statute of limitations for professional liability claims.
- Advised manufacturer on resolving disputes related to recall insurance policies governed by New York law.
- Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor in dispute involving late notice issues under liability policy based on Georgia law.
- Successfully resolved claim involving additional insured coverage under liability policy governed by New York law.
- JD, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, cum laude, Notes Editor, George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal, 2003
- BS, George Mason University, 2000
- District of Columbia
- Member, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, Section of Litigation, American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Torts, Trial, and Insurance Practice, American Bar Association
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee, District of Columbia Bar
Rate : $$$$