Syed Fareed has experience in intellectual property matters, with an emphasis on patent litigation before Federal district courts, the Federal Circuit, the International Trade Commission as well as the Patent Trial and Appeals Board.
He has represented clients in a broad spectrum of technologies, such as computer software, e-commerce, telecommunications, data processing, semiconductors, magnetic tape storage as well as medical and dental devices.
His litigation experience ranges from jury trials, bench trials, ITC evidentiary hearings, Markman hearings, summary judgment proceedings, to all aspects of fact and expert discovery. Syed’s transactional experience includes negotiating license agreements, advising clients on intellectual property acquisitions, and conducting due diligence.
In addition to patent litigation, Syed counsels clients in areas of trademarks, copyrights and intellectual property management. Syed has also first-chaired several jury trials on pro bono matters.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School 2008
- B.S., Computer Sciences, The University of Texas 2005
Admission & Affiliations :
- State Bar of Texas, Administration of Rules of Evidence Committee, Member
- New York State Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Damages and Injunctions Committee, Member
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, U.S. International Trade Commission Committee, Member
Rate : $$$