Sylvia Bokyung St. Clair devotes her legal career to representing and counseling employers in all facets of employment law. She regularly defends companies in employment litigation, including representing employers throughout the country in complex employment cases arising from federal and state specific laws.
Sylvia’s passion for employee relations and human resources comes from working in two family-run businesses (a restaurant and a dry cleaner) and her decade-long career in hospitality management (hotels, restaurants and a race track) where she developed standard operating procedures and guest services’ excellence standards.
She and her hotel staff were widely recognized for outstanding guest services scores and guests’ loyalty. Sylvia oversaw new hotel openings, brand transitions and seasonal hotel closings.
Sylvia is regularly featured in Hotel News Now, an online resource for hotel operators and managers, and she co-publishes employer alerts on Illinois law updates including the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA).
Sylvia counsels employers regarding employment practices, including issues related to hiring practices, background checks, classification issues, workplace privacy and non-discrimination.
Sylvia also prepares and reviews employment agreement policies, including employment contracts, separation agreements, employee handbooks, and non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D. cum laude, Chicago-Kent Law Review (executive articles editor) (2013)
- DePaul University, B.A. in Legal Studies (2010)
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Professional Associations :
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) — Member, 2018-present
- Women’s Bar Foundation — Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois — Member, 2013-present
Rate : $$$