Taisuke Kimoto is licensed to practice law in Japan and California. His advice on U.S. corporate laws takes into account the difference between U.S. and Japanese laws.
Taisuke’s practice focuses on M&A transactions, including mergers, asset and stock acquisitions, and joint ventures; general corporate matters, including distribution and licensing arrangements, technology transfer agreements; employment matters, including employee policies, discrimination and wrongful discharge matters; and dispute resolution by advising the difference between the U.S. and Japanese legal systems, and any cultural differences often embedded in cross border deals.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a Japanese family-owned company with more than 140 years of history in connection with the purchase of the Hercules West Campus in Playa Vista, California for at least $250,000,000 in December 2016, which was the 6th largest real estate transaction in the Los Angeles area in 2016.
- Represented Kitson Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of worldwide Kitson brand through an Assignment for Benefit of Creditors procedure.
- Represented Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co. Ltd., in its acquisition of shares of capital stock of L.A. Supply Co., a California corporation, a leading provider of marking and labeling products and services.
- Represented U.S. subsidiaries of Tokyo-listed corporations to deal with wrongful termination claims.
- Advised U.S. subsidiaries of Tokyo-listed corporations on their layoff processes.
- Represented U.S. subsidiaries of Tokyo-listed corporations in their acquisitions of real properties by collaborating with U.S. corporations (in California).
- Represented Japanese investors in their acquisitions of real property in California.
- LL.M., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2007
- LL.B., Keio University Department of Law, 1999
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$