Tamar S. Wise focuses her practice in commercial litigation matters, and has experience in a variety of securities, real estate, breach of contract, and professional malpractice litigations. She regularly represents corporations, directors, and officers in federal securities fraud claims in jurisdictions nationwide.
Tamar earned her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Yale University and her law degree from New York University School of Law, where she was staff editor of the Journal of Law and Business.
- Represented a closely held company and its shareholder against claims brought by a former minority shareholder, defeating the former minority shareholder’s request for an injunction and securing an injunction prohibiting the former minority shareholder from competing.
- Represented investors in a claim against Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. involving auction rate securities. Case settled after two days of jury trial.
- Successfully moved to dismiss claims against a minority shareholder and its principal for aiding and abetting directors’ and liquidating trustees’ breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Defended a pro bono client in cancellation of removal proceedings in immigration court. The judge awarded the client the relief requested, and no leave to appeal was given.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in a claim that a representative was owed commissions. Cozen O’Connor won the bench trial.
- Successfully defended, on the pleadings and at early summary judgment, a New York real estate developer in a series of investor lawsuits for securities fraud totaling approximately $10 million in exposure.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Yale University, B.A., cum laude, 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$