Tamara Levin is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s San Francisco/Palo Alto Tax Practice Group. She regularly advises companies, mostly in technology-based industries, on transfer pricing and tax planning matters, including structuring and implementing international operations, cross-border transactions, and post acquisition integrations.
Tamara speaks at internal workshops and seminars, as well as external events sponsored by Bloomberg BNA and the Tax Executives Institute. Tamara has extensive experience representing US and foreign multinational companies in a variety of technology-based industries, including software, semiconductor, communications, biotechnology, medical equipment, and online service businesses.
Tamara advises companies on tax aspects of intercompany transactions, including analyzing and documenting transactions and developing pricing policies. Tamara assists clients to comply with complex US and international transfer pricing rules and to anticipate and prepare for global controversies in this area. Tamara also provides tax planning advice for mergers, acquisitions and post-acquisition integrations.
- University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall) (J.D.) (2008)
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A.) (2003)
Admissions : California~United States (2008)
Professional Associations and Memberships : State Bar of California – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Acted as lead transfer pricing counsel in connection with the integration of intangible property assets, following multibillion dollar acquisitions by an online service business.
- Advised on strategic issues involving the merging of multiple cost sharing arrangements for a communications company.
- Advised on alternatives for structuring intercompany transactions of a foreign multinational online service business.
- Advised medical technology company on tax matters in connection with cross-border asset divestiture.
- Analyzed revenue characterization of new product offering of a consumer electronic company.
Rate : $$$