Tamer Tullgren’s practice focuses on the representation of private equity and venture capital firms, banks, insurance companies, pension funds and other investors in M&A and financing transactions, including leveraged buyouts, equity and debt investments, and private fund formation and regulatory matters.
Tamer also acts as outside general counsel to growth-oriented emerging technology companies and advises public companies on M&A transactions. Tamer serves as chair of the Firm’s Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs) practice group.
He has significant experience advising SBICs on their debt and equity investments and in connection with SBIC fund formation and regulatory matters. Tamer also frequently represents banks in connection with equity and debt financings of SBICs.
Representative Experience :
- Represented a mobile Personal Emergency Response Systems and health management solutions provider in its sale to a private equity firm
- Represented a global publicly traded science and technology company in its acquisition of a US-based technology company in the electronics industry
- Represented a mezzanine fund in subordinated debt and equity investments in a provider of satellite communications systems
- Represented a private equity fund in debt and equity investments in a provider of business services to the biotech industry
- Represented a venture-capital owned provider of workload optimization software in debt and equity financings from a private equity fund
- Represented numerous private equity, venture capital, and mezzanine funds, including Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs), in all stages of formation and development, including preparing fund formation, partnership and private offering documents, advising on securities law matters and negotiating revolving line of credit facilities
- Represented Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company Ltd. in its completion of an oversubscribed $80 million private financing.
- Represented a distributor of consumable industrial products in its sale to a publicly traded industrial distributor
- Represented a private equity-owned provider of payment management software and services in its sale to a publicly traded global provider of payment systems
- Represented state-sponsored pension systems in numerous investments in domestic and offshore private equity funds, real estate funds, hedge funds and venture capital funds
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, ACG Chicago; and Member of ACG Chicago NextGen Leaders Committee
- Member, Small Business Investor Alliance (SBIA)
- Member, Illinois Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
- Member, Shedd Aquarium Auxiliary Board
- Member, Chicago Clean Energy Alliance
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2005
- B.S., Finance, with Honors, University of Illinois, 2002
Admissions : Illinois, 2005
Rate : $$$