Tammie Clark Alexander assists clients with banking, real estate, commercial transactions, title insurance, and construction law matters. Since joining Steptoe & Johnson, Tammie has been involved in more than $125M in construction and development projects for a variety of clients, including local, regional, and national developers.
Tammie is well versed in navigating the intricate nature of working on large scale projects involving multiple property owners, governmental agencies, and financial investors. An entrepreneur at heart, Tammie understands that the key to successfully representing her clients is to become part of their team and understand the inner-workings of her clients’ business, giving her a greater understanding of the bottom line impact of legal decisions.
Tammie’s experience as vice president and general counsel of a nationally recognized bank, and president of one of its subsidiaries, brings a unique banking industry perspective to her practice. Tammie is the practice group leader for the Banking, Real Estate, and Financial Services Practice Group and serves on the firms Strategic Planning Committee.
- Counseled client with the construction and development of a multi-phase apartment complex, including drafting various documents for the reciprocal use of roads and amenities, and the preparation, review, and negotiation of loan documents for multi-million dollar construction loan
- As in-house counsel, trained bank personnel on identifying mortgage fraud and computer-based banking scams
- Experienced in all aspects of real estate title matters, including those related to oil and gas title opinions, and issuance of commercial and residential title insurance policies
- Consistently represented large national fast-food chain in obtaining title insurance for various sites across the State of West Virginia
- Represented hospitality and related clients in business startup, structuring, and financing efforts, including private placements
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. Wheeling Jesuit University
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Real Estate Division Chair
- West Virginia Habitat for Humanity Outstanding Board Member 2012
- West Virginia Bankers Association
- Women United Steering Committee, United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties
- Past President, Board of Directors, Mon County Habitat for Humanity
- Past Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Mon and Preston Counties
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Friends of WVU Hospital
- Past Board Member, Caritas House, Inc.
Rate : $$$