Tammy R. Shea focuses her practice on utility regulation and litigation for utility and energy-related clients. She represents clients in state and federal courts on matters related to energy law and commercial law.
Tammy represents clients in administrative proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and in matters before the Electric Reliability Council of Texas.
Tammy earned her Bachelor of Arts at the University of Alabama, Birmingham, in 1994, and graduated summa cum laude from St. Mary’s University of Law in 1998.
- Represented natural gas company in highly contested rate case before the Railroad Commission of Texas. Successfully reversed a preliminary dismissal by the administrative law judge and persuaded the Commission to strike 70% of the Railroad Commission’s primary witness testimony. Resulted in a favorable settlement for client and recovery of consulting and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented varied clients as first or second chair attorney in over 20 ratemaking proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas and New Mexico Public Regulation Commission.
- Participated in numerous rulemaking proceedings on behalf of utilities and municipalities before the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- Represented utilities, landowners and pipeline companies in numerous Certificate of Convenience and Necessity proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- Represented clients in rate proceedings and rulemakings before the Railroad Commission of Texas, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and local regulatory proceedings.
- Represented retail electric provider in ERCOT and PUC proceedings related to ERCOT protocols for competitive markets in Texas.
- Strong relationships earned through years of experience with staff and regulators at the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Railroad Commission.
- Represented partner in dispute over ownership of business resulting in a $5.9 million verdict in favor of client.
- Represents Class B Utilities in rulemaking and ratemaking proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1998
- University of Alabama–Birmingham, B.A., 1994
BAR ADMISSIONS : Texas
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Litigation Section
- Public Utility Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Gas Association
Rate : $$$