Tammy B. Webb’s practice focuses on class actions and multidistrict litigation throughout the country. Tammy has successfully defended more than 100 nationwide and statewide class actions and MDLs alleging unfair business practices, false advertising and product liability claims.
Her experience includes litigating geographic origin claims and counseling clients on how to mitigate the risk of similar claims in the future through modified advertising. She has significant experience in preparing expert and company witnesses.
Tammy also advises her clients on regulatory issues in the United States and in foreign countries and handles class actions and collective actions in foreign countries in copycat litigation.
She is lead counsel for two industry-leading chemical manufacturers in dozens of individual, class action and aggregate personal injury lawsuits pending in multiple jurisdictions.
In addition, Tammy is well-versed in settling class actions early and efficiently, and she regularly develops and conducts programs for her clients and co-counsel on defending and settling class actions.
Her clients include consumer goods manufacturers, food and beverage companies, fuel retailers, chemical manufacturers, cigarette manufacturers and service providers. She has been named in the “Top 250 Women in Litigation-California,” by Benchmark Litigation.
Tammy was part of the team that developed and implemented the strategy leading to the defeat of more than 50 statewide cigarette class actions. She also served as trial counsel for Lorillard Tobacco Company in a statewide class action trial in New Orleans, Louisiana, that lasted more than two years.
The team successfully defeated the plaintiffs’ request for medical monitoring relief in one of the few medical monitoring cases to go to trial.
- J.D., with highest honors, University of Oklahoma School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Oklahoma State University, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Section of Product Liability
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Queen’s Bench
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of California
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$$