Tara M. Duester is special counsel in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego and Century City offices. Ms. Duester’s practice involves representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation including discrimination, retaliation, harassment, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination, and defamation cases, as well as wage and hour cases, including representative and class actions.
She has represented a variety of businesses including Fortune 100 companies and state, city and county municipalities in state and federal court and in arbitration, and before the DFEH and EEOC. Ms. Duester works with clients in numerous industries, including retail, financial services, insurance, healthcare, and hospitality, as well as nonprofits.
Ms. Duester also provides strategic advice and counsel to employers and human resources professionals in a wide range of employment matters, including wage and hour, discipline and termination, reductions-in-force and disparate impact analyses, and workplace policies, handbooks and guidelines.
She regularly conducts compliance audits relating to state and federal wage and hour law, pay practices and employment procedures, and provides compliance counseling for her clients. Ms. Duester also conducts workplace investigations and employee and management training, including anti-harassment training. Additionally, she assists clients in prevailing wage and OSHA matters, as well as traditional labor defense.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2009
- Institute on Comparative and International Law, 2007
- B.A., Ohio University, 2000
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Affiliate Governor – Board of Directors, California Women Lawyers
- Editor – Lawyers Club of San Diego Newsletter
- Board of Directors, Lawyers Club of San Diego
Rate : $$$