Tara Eliza Castillo is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Finance Group and co-leader of the Auto Finance Team. She represents clients in warehouse financings, structured finance, securitizations, and other asset-backed transactions.
Tara has experience representing issuers, underwriters, placement agents, borrowers, lenders, trustees, rating agencies, and other transaction parties across a broad spectrum of asset classes, including auto loans and leases, consumer loans, credit card receivables, equipment, insurance premium finance loans, merchant advance loans, residential mortgages, and trade receivables.
Her experience also includes representing financial institutions and nonbank finance companies in equipment lease transactions.
Tara also regularly advises clients on regulatory compliance issues relating to the securitization aspects of the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and Regulation AB II.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American University (J.D., 2007)
- New York University (M.A., 2003)
- American University (B.A., 2002)
- Ayuda, board of directors
- SFIG Women in Securitization
- Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG)
- DC Bar Foundation, Young Lawyers Network, Leadership Council (2012–2016)
- Latina/o Alumni Association of the Washington College of Law, former board member
Rate : $$$