Tara M. Fisher joined Ropes & Gray in 2009. She practices primarily in the firm’s securities and public companies group. Tara has experience representing public and private companies, private equity funds and investment banks in securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and corporate governance matters.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2009; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review
- AB (Social Studies), cum laude, Harvard College, 2006
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2009
- Represented the lead underwriters in initial public offerings, follow-on equity or convertible notes offerings for issuers such as Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, TherapeuticsMD and Zafgen.
- Represented PQ Group Holdings Inc., a provider of performance chemicals, catalysts, and specialty glass materials and a portfolio company of CCMP, in its $500 million IPO.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $325 million IPO of Wayfair Inc., one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company.
- Represented Medtronic in connection with its $1.3 billion acquisition of HeartWare International, a heart pump manufacturer.
- Represented Shire plc in its $32 billion combination with Baxalta Incorporated for a combination of cash and stock and its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage vaccine company, in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based public vaccine adjuvant company.
- Represented Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its acquisition of an option to acquire Adynxx, a privately held, clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing novel analgesic therapies.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of Excaliard Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel drugs for the treatment of skin scarring.
Rate : $$$