Tara L. Goodwin handles insurance coverage disputes and other complex commercial litigation nationwide involving product liability, environmental liability, construction defect, professional liability, mass tort, long-tail, property, and bad faith claims.
With expansive experience in complex coverage disputes and litigation, Tara understands the challenges that face carriers in connection with a wide range of coverage issues, both in and outside of litigation.
Tara’s clients benefit from her judgment, thoughtfulness and attention to detail in navigating multilayered coverage and litigation matters. Tara’s keen ability to build consensus among numerous parties in challenging litigation matters serves her clients well.
In her pro bono work, Tara has counseled clients with respect to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission gender discrimination claims and in connection with consumer fraud disability benefits cases.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a major carrier in California state court, including in a bench trial, in related actions concerning multimillion-dollar long-tail asbestos and environmental claims.
- Represented a major carrier in New York state court against thousands of claims by multiple lenders arising out of a policy that insured the accuracy of valuations of residential real estate being used to secure home equity loans.
- Represented a major carrier in competing product liability insurance coverage actions in Iowa federal court and Delaware state court arising out of allegations that the insured’s products were defective.
- Represented a major carrier in Montana state court in litigation arising from a landfill under a claims-made and reported environmental policy.
- Represented a carrier in a jury trial in Louisiana state court in a multimillion-dollar claim arising out of wind and flood damage to an apartment complex in New Orleans caused by Hurricane Katrina.
- Represented a carrier in a jury trial in Florida state court in Ft. Lauderdale on a claim by a hotel owner for damage due to hurricanes Katrina and Wilma.
Professional and Community Involvement : Claims Management Alliance
- University of Arizona College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2006
- Arizona State University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2003
BAR ADMISSIONS : Arizona, California, District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$