Tara A. Jackson focuses her practice on securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters. Tara represents clients from a broad spectrum of industries, including healthcare, utilities, automotive, and correctional facilities. Her experience includes technology-driven transactions involving intellectual property assets.
Prior to practicing law, Tara was the compliance director of a group of financial institutions in Jamaica, where she drafted and ensured the effective implementation of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Policies and Procedures, and completed corporate restructuring of the group’s lending institution to ensure full compliance with the applicable regulations and Laws of Jamaica.
While attending law school, Tara served as staff editor for the Race and Social Justice Law Review and was a Dean’s Merit Scholar.
- LL.M., University of Miami School of Law, 2018
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2016, cum laude, Race and Social Justice Law Review, Staff Editor; Dean’s Merit Scholar; C.A.L.I. Excellence Award
- LL.B., University of Technology, Jamaica, 2013, first class honours; Student of the Year; Most Outstanding Student in Private International Law and Law of Torts
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association, Group 1 Director, 2017-2018
- Association of Caribbean Law Students, Vice President, 2015-2016
- Black Law Students Association, Community Relations Chair, 2015-2016
- Law Activity Fee Allocation Committee, Member, 2015-2016
- Caribbean Students Association, Student Advisor, 2008-2009, President, 2006-2008
- Challenge Peer Mentoring Program (CHAMP), Mentor, 2007-2008
- Caribbean Bar Association, Member
- Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Perez Art Museum of Miami (PAMM), Ambassador of African American Art
Rate : $$$