Tara L. Trifon regularly represents corporate and financial services clients in a wide variety of complex disputes at all levels of the state and federal court systems throughout the Northeast. She has significant experience handling business and consumer finance litigation, particularly relating to claims of contract breaches, fraud, negligence, or violations of unfair trade practices.
Tara also regularly advises clients relating to insurance disputes, class actions, merger and acquisition issues, and regulatory matters. Tara was an Associate at a Connecticut real estate litigation firm, where she practiced in the areas of financial services litigation, bankruptcy and summary process.
Her courtroom experience included successful oral argument on a number of motions before the trial courts of Connecticut, including successfully litigating a summary process in state court. While in law school, Tara was a member of the Moot Court Board and won the William H. Hastie Memorial Moot Court Competition.
She was also the winner of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition. Tara was honored as the Evening Division Graduation Speaker in May 2009 and was also honored as an Elected Representative of the Student Bar Association.
Tara won the CALI Excellence Award for Class Performance in both Contracts and Remedies. Tara also participated in the Mediation Clinic where she practiced as a mediator in the Housing Court, conducting mediations between landlords and tenants during summary process proceedings.
Representative Experience :
- Parola v. Citibank (South Dakota), N.A., 894 F.Supp.2d 188 (D.Conn. 2012) (dismissal of all claims asserted against private lender regarding student loan repayment options available under the Higher Education Act).
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, Hartford County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers’ Association
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law
- B.A., Vassar College
Admissions : Connecticut; New York
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$