Tatiana Alexander has more than 15 years’ experience in the consumer financial services industry, representing financial institutions and loan servicers in wide a range of cases concerning secured and unsecured debts, including mortgage, auto, equipment and credit finance.
She has handled cases defending clients against claims of violation of state and federal consumer laws including, but not limited to, the Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), and regulations established by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Tatiana’s practice also includes representing lenders and servicers in consumer bankruptcy actions; and defending against wrongful foreclosure claims, breach of contract claims, title actions, and various tort-related claims.
Tatiana has also served as in-house counsel where she assisted business units in resolving pre-litigation matters and managed outside counsel on litigation concerning various mortgage products.
Tatiana advised business units on compliance with state and federal lending and servicing laws, and worked with state and federal agencies in responding to governmental and regulatory investigations and resolving consumer complaints.
As a law student, Tatiana served as a clerk for the Federal Trade Commission and later earned a Juris Doctorate from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law and Master of Laws degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.
Tatiana is licensed to practice law in the district and bankruptcy courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Tatiana is a Barrister of the Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court and currently serves as Chair of the African American Lawyers Section of the State Bar of Texas.
- Represented various mortgage lenders and servicers against claims of wrongful foreclosure, breach of contract, improper debt collection and fair lending claims.
- Represented various consumer credit lenders against claims of improper debt collection and credit reporting.
- Represented mortgage servicers at administrative proceedings, including but not limited to condemnation and ordinance violation hearings.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, LLM, 2009
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, JD, Dean’s List, 2006
- University of Houston, BBA, Business Administration, cum laude, Dean’s List, 2002
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$