Ted Holmquist counsels employers on day-to-day employment issues including wage and hour compliance, leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation, paid time off, paid sick leave, discipline, reductions-in-force, and termination. He also has experience drafting employment policies, employee handbooks, and other employment agreements.
Additionally, Ted represents employers in a broad range of employment matters. He has represented employers in federal and state court and arbitration, as well as before state and federal agencies including the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commisison (EEOC), and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
In law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal and as vice-chair of the Moot Court Board. He also was a member of the national champion and international semi-finalist team at the Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Court Competition in 2005 and won the David Hunter Award for first place advocacy team at the Willem C. Vis East International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Hong Kong in 2007.
- M.D.R., Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, 2009
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 2007
- B.S., Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Tom Homann Law Association
Rate : $$$