Ted Semaya has decades of experience helping clients, from individuals to large multinationals, managing complex and international disputes through litigation in federal, state and foreign courts and in international and domestic arbitrations and mediations, in administrative tribunals, and, most importantly, in avoiding such disputes.
Mr. Semaya has broad experience representing and counseling clients in such disputes and proceedings in, among other areas, business (such as fraud and other business wrongs), commercial (such as contract), corporate (such as M&A), securities (such as 10b-5 fraud), maritime (such as charter parties and contracts of affreightment), professional liability (such as accountants, attorneys, and D&O), insurance and reinsurance, tax, and trusts and estates.
Mr. Semaya organizes other continuing legal education programs on international and commercial litigation and arbitration for bar association and other groups, and has been a frequent speaker before attorneys admitted in United States and many other country jurisdictions
Mr. Semaya has frequently been invited to participate in and to moderate meetings between foreign judicial delegations and state court judges
Mr. Semaya was an expert advisor for the US Department of Commerce Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP) Workshop on International Transactions in Tbilisi, Georgia in February 2014.
- George Washington University, J.D., with honors, 1980
- University of Rochester, B.A., cum laude, 1977
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Past Chair and Co-Chair of the International Litigation Committee of the Commercial andFederal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Section’s Executive Committee
- Member, Panel of Neutrals of the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County
- Chair, International Litigation and Arbitration Program in the International Legal Training program for foreign attorneys
Rate : $$$$