A preeminent corporate lawyer who has negotiated an extensive number of deals, Teddy Klinghoffer devotes his practice to merger and acquisitions, private equity investments, as well as corporate compliance and governance issues. He advises buyers, sellers, and investors in structuring, negotiating, and closing complex business transactions.
Teddy serves clients across a range sectors with a concentration on healthcare, life sciences, aviation, real estate, and private equity. His clients include MBF Healthcare Partners, Kitson & Partners, The Frost Group, Jet Support Services, Inc. and MapleWood Partners, LP.
Consistently recognized as one of the top leaders within the legal community, he has been called “one of the deans of the South Florida Bar” in Chambers USA, which ranks Teddy for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity law.
Notable Work :
- Simply Healthcare Plans: Represented a health maintenance organization in its sale to Anthem.
- Kitson & Partners: Represented a private real estate development company in its acquisition of the Babcock Florida Company, which constituted one of the largest land transfers in the history of Florida.
- Associated Grocers of Florida: Represented South Florida leading customer-owned wholesale grocer in a $190 million sale to Supervalu, Inc.
- CarePlus Health Plans of Florida: Represented CarePlus, a health maintenance organization, in connection with its sale to Humana Inc.
- JSS Holdings Inc.: Represented JSS Holdings Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Jet Support Services, Inc., a leading provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft, aircraft engines and airframes.
- SMobile Systems, Inc.: Represented a security software developer in connection with its sale to Juniper Networks.
- Tire Group International, LLC: Represented a distributor of tire products in connection with its sale to Transportation Resources Partners.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1979, New York University Law Review
- B.A., State University of New York, 1975, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The New York Bar, Member
Rate : $$$$