Terence Gilroy is a partner in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Compliance and Investigations Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, Terry served as Americas Head of the Financial Crime Legal function at Barclays. Terry spent six years on active duty in the United States Army as a Field Artillery officer.
Prior to law school, Terry advises businesses and individuals on white collar and financial crime issues and has significant experience conducting investigations relating to compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and related bribery and corruption statutes, economic sanctions regulations as administered by the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and the Bank Secrecy Act and related anti-money laundering (AML) regulations and statutes.
- St. John’s University, School of Law (JD cum laude) (2006)
- United States Military Academy (BS) (1997)
Admissions : New York~United States (2007)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Negotiated USD 2.5 million settlement with OFAC relating to alleged violations of OFAC’s Zimbabwe Sanctions Regulations.
- Engaged directly with OFAC and US Department of State officials on issues relating to application of US economic sanctions, including those targeting Russia.
- Managed internal response to investigation by DOJ and SEC into hiring practices in Asia and other jurisdictions.
- Provided substantive briefings to the DOJ, SEC, U.K. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and U.K. Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) on various issues.
Rate : $$$