Terence Murphy is Chairman of the firm’s Government Contracts and Construction Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Litigation Section. His practice includes contracts counseling and dispute resolution before state and federal courts, Boards of Contract Appeals, the Government Accountability Office and in arbitration and mediation.
He has been regularly recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers and Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine who recognized him in a profile in December 2011 as the top construction lawyer in Virginia.
- State University of New York College at Cortland; B.A., magna cum laude, 1978
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1981
- Virginia State Bar; Former Chairman, Board of Governors of the Construction and Public Contract Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association; Past Member, Executive Committee of the Construction and Public Contract Law Section
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry; Public Contract Law Section
- Tidewater Association of Service Contractors; General Counsel, Past President
- Represented contractor in Government Accountability Office protest of $300 million ship repair contract
- Represented general contractor in state court against owner regarding construction of $27 million Judicial Center
- Represented owner on differing site conditions claim at City museum against contractor, architect and owner’s insurance carrier
- Represented quality control subcontractor in federal district court action by general contractor’s surety involving blasting and painting project
Rate : $$$