Teresa Michaud advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, primarily complex business disputes, class actions, intellectual property and international arbitration. She is chair of the California Litigation & Government Enforcement Practice Group and co-chairs the North America Class Action Practice Group, and is active in the Global Consumer Goods and Luxury Fashion Industry Group.
She is admitted to practice in California, Texas and New York, and qualified in England and Wales. She is a frequent speaker to the Association of Corporate Counsel and a member of, and frequent presenter to the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Teresa’s litigation and arbitration practice primarily includes cross-border contract and business torts disputes, California statutory claims, consumer class actions (state and federal statutory violations and data privacy concerns), intellectual property disputes, trade secret misappropriation, competition, as well as other statutory and common law claims.
She also regularly advises international companies in the transportation and food industries, entertainment retailers, software providers, luxury goods companies and fashion companies on consumer-facing website terms and conditions, privacy policies, arbitration clauses, class action waivers, gift card programs and consumer loyalty program terms and conditions.
- Southern Methodist University (J.D. cum laude) (2007)
- University of Cincinnati (Master’s Degree Architecture) (2003)
- University of Cincinnati (B.S. Architecture magna cum laude) (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2014)
- California~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2014)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2009)
- French American Chamber of Commerce – Dallas Chapter
- Business Council for the Arts, Leadership Arts Institute, 2011-2012
- Volunteer and Office Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity
- Community Program Director, Academy of American and International Law
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Class Action and Derivative Suits Committee – Co-chair, Emerging Issues Subgroup
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution – Young & International (ICDR Y&I)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
Rate : $$$