Teresa W. Helmick concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial and mineral real estate, government affairs, and election/campaign finance. Ms. Helmick regularly assists clients with mineral title opinions and due diligence efforts in complex energy transactions. In addition, she serves as treasurer of the Steptoe & Johnson Good Government Fund, the firm’s West Virginia political action committee.
She is also responsible for the campaign finance filings for the Steptoe & Johnson Bluegrass PAC, the firm’s Kentucky political action committee. Ms. Helmick has also served in several positions in state government and has drafted legislation that was passed by the West Virginia Legislature on various topics.
- Represented city, county, and state election officials, candidates, and political organizations in various election and campaign finance matters
- Represented coal company in petitioning for closure of public road running through active coal mine
- Represented commercial developer in the drafting of legislative amendments to economic development laws
- Handled matters involving mineral transactions and acquisitions, including the preparation of mineral title opinions, as well as the performance of due diligence and title defect curative work
- Assisted national corporation in forming a West Virginia political action committee
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.S. West Virginia University
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Greater Appalachian Basin Association of Lease and Title Analysts
- Chair, Finance and Stewardship Committee, Lewisburg United Methodist Church
- Volunteer, Wellspring of Greenbrier, Inc.
- Past Treasurer, Greater Appalachian Basis Association of Lease & Title Analysists
Rate : $$$