Teresa Fariss McClain has devoted her career to advocating for individuals, first as a registered nurse in the areas of labor and delivery and high-risk obstetrics, then in adult critical care, and now as an attorney. In her legal practice, Teresa is committed to obtaining justice for those who have been harmed by medical errors or medical negligence.
As a result of her commitment to excellence in the practice of law, Teresa has been admitted to the following invitation-only organizations: American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA); American Bar Foundation, Life Fellow; Warren E. Burger Inn of Court, Master.
Teresa is a leader in the legal community, and is currently serving as President of Minnesota Women Lawyers Foundation, is past President of Minnesota Women Lawyers, and serves on the Board of Directors of Minnesota Women Lawyers Foundation. She is also a member of the Board of Governors for the Minnesota Associate for Justice.
In addition, she has received awards and recognition for her contributions to the legal profession, including, being named one of Minnesota Lawyer’s 2014 “Attorney of the Year” recipients.
After graduating from law school, Teresa clerked for a year with the Honorable Donald P. Lay of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Teresa is also a former adjunct professor at William Mitchell College of Law, where she taught Legal Writing and Representation. She and her husband live in Shoreview, and are parents to twin boys and two adult children.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., (2001)
- Metropolitan State University, B.S. in Nursing
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Warren E. Burger Inn of Court, Master
- American Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, President
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- The American Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
Rate : $$$