Terrell Richard Miller is an intellectual property lawyer, counselor and registered patent attorney, helping Texas and national businesses from a broad range of industries, including oil and gas, manufacturing, and software development.
He has also handled infringement claims for television writers and producers, electrical switchgear device manufacturers, internet and mobile application companies, and consumer advertising and branding entities.
Terrell is widely known and respected for his work prosecuting and defending claims of patent, trademark and copyright infringement, as well as trade secrets misappropriation.
He is also skilled at counseling and protecting companies of their brands and proprietary technologies. Clients appreciate his work ethic and down-to-earth manner.
He has litigated patent infringement and trade secret disputes involving a diverse range of technology, including:
- Elemental fluorine electrolysis
- Remote switchgear operating systems
- Commercial printing systems
- Mobile applications
- Magnetic braking systems
- Firearm components
- Web-based video products
- Wheeled footwear
- Plasma decontaminators
- Voltage testing equipment
- Gardening products
- Skin care preparations
- Oil and gas equipment
Terrell, who was trained as an engineer before law school, has also represented his clients in both trademark and copyright infringement and validity cases involving a variety of matters.
In addition to his IP litigation practice, he advises clients on complex intellectual property transactions and the acquisition of patents, trademarks and copyrights. Terrell is well-versed in the application of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and patent enforcement strategies.
Prior to his legal career, he was a technology consultant for Accenture in Houston.
- Texas (2004)
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Katy Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Associate Member, The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court (2011-2012)
- Lead Outside Pro Bono Counsel, Launchability.org
Rate : $$$$