Terri M. Solomon has more than 35 years of experience practicing employment and labor law and regularly handles : Employment and labor relations issues, Compliance with federal and state employment laws, Discrimination and other employment-related litigation and administrative proceedings, Employment contracts and separation agreements.
Given the significant costs of litigation, Terri is an avid proponent of long-term business planning, management training, state-of-the-art policies and, where unavoidable conflicts do arise, alternative dispute resolution.
A substantial portion of her practice involves counseling employers on ways to avoid litigation related to difficult business decisions, such as: Terminating long-term employees, Planning reductions-in-force, Responding to sexual harassment complaints. Additionally, Terri regularly conducts training on topics such as preventing workplace violence, avoiding workplace harassment and becoming a more effective manager.
She led the team that trained thousands of employees of an international investment bank pursuant to a consent decree arising out of the EEOC’s largest settlement of a sex discrimination and glass ceiling class action against a major financial institution. She also designed the training program, which was approved by the EEOC and a court monitor, and personally conducted domestic and international training.
Terri frequently lectures and authors articles on employment and labor law topics. She is the co-founder of Littler Mendelson’s New York office, Co-Chair of the Workplace Safety and Health Practice Group and she is a core member of four of the firm’s practice groups: Leaves of Absence and Disability Accommodation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Corporate Compliance and Ethics, and Business Restructuring. She is also a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Initiative and the Associates Committee.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1979
- B.A., University of Massachusetts, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Women in Dispute Resolution Committee, Section of Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, New York State Bar Association
- Former Chair, Personnel Committee, Temple Shaaray Tefila
Rate : $$$