Terry is a seasoned litigator in collection actions and judgment enforcement. He has extensive workout and recovery experience representing commercial banks, aviation lenders, equipment financiers and equipment lessors and has prosecuted recovery actions in state court and federal court (including bankruptcy court) involving aircraft (planes and helicopters), watercraft, tractor trailers, mining and industrial equipment, specialized equipment, recreational vehicles and motor vehicles.
He regularly defends a national lender against consumer related lender liability claims asserted in connection with residential mortgage foreclosures and automobile recovery actions, including claims under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Truth-in-Lending Act, the Unfair or Deceptive Trade Practices Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act among other federal and state consumer protection laws. Terry also provides advice and counsel to garnishees in Pennsylvania.
Terry is a strong advocate for his clients. He takes the time to understand the business and legal issues involved; works toward practical, efficient solutions; and genuinely cares about his clients’ success. Clients can also expect “hyper-responsive” support. It’s Terry’s habit to respond to calls and emails within the same day.
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1990, cum laude
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$