Mr. Terry Myers has been practicing law for over 35 years. He concentrates his practice in transactional counseling of European clients having subsidiaries in the United States, engaged in such diverse fields as industrial production, banking and insurance, trading, and general commerce.
Significant practice areas have included the acquisition of new businesses in the United States, including corporate and antitrust requirements, as well as corporate governance in and the representation of continuing business operations, including employment, regulatory, and day-to-day commercial matters. Mr. Myers has represented European concerns in domestic and international commercial disputes in arbitration and court fora.
Mr. Myers helps international clients doing business in the U.S. to navigate the complex laws and regulations governing their cross-border affairs. He also helps international clients that own U.S. subsidiaries to regulate their structures and affairs in order to reduce group risks and promote efficiencies as they support their business interests in the U.S.
Mr. Myers advises corporate clients, and their shareholders, directors, and officers, on a wide range of corporate governance issues, as well as day-to-day business issues, in conventional matters such as employment and contract law in a wide variety of business areas and in regulatory matters such as U.S. sanctions law and export control. He has also served as Corporate Secretary for several client entities.
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University (J.D.)
- University of Wisconsin (M.A.)
- State University of New York (B.A.)
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Special Committee on European Affairs
- Chair, September, 2007-2010
Rate : $$$