Terry M. Schpok regularly counsels health care organizations, insurance companies, finance companies, entertainment companies, underwriters, private equity funds, institutional investors and issuers in a broad array of corporate and corporate governance matters.
He has represented clients in connection with capital formation, private and public securities offerings, joint ventures and partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, and other corporate and regulatory transactions.
Terry has represented parties in securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions since 1976. In addition, he represents underwriters in public offerings in the technology, insurance, health care, entertainment and telecommunication industries.
He has also represented numerous companies in connection with sophisticated debt and equity financings provided by institutional investors to private and public companies.
- Practice focuses on the formation of organizations, the offering of securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
- Corporate Governance:
- Served as counsel to the special committees of independent directors in connection with going-private transactions involving public companies.
- Advised public companies regarding corporate governance matters and policies.
- Represented an insurance company in connection with the acquisition of another insurance company.
- Counseled an insurance company in connection with the acquisition of a managing general agency.
- “The Director’s Role in Corporate Governance,” Symposium – University of Texas Dallas School of Management Institute for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
- “Managing Takeover Defenses: A Board’s Perspective,” Symposium – University of Texas Dallas School of Management Institute for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
- “Corporate Financings, Acquisition and Governance,” Dallas Business Network Symposium.
- “The SEC’s New Whistleblower Rules: Is Your Company Ready?” Corporate Counsel CLE Presentation.
- “Corporate Governance in the Current Economy,” Symposium – Metropolitan Corporate Counsel.
- “Negotiation Tips and Tactics,” Corporate Counsel CLE Presentation.
- “Considerations When Negotiating Pharmacy Administrative Services Contracts,” Texas Community Health Centers Annual Conference.
- “Recent Trends in DOJ and SEC Actions Against In-House Counsel,” Corporate Counsel CLE Presentation.
- “Strategies for Growth and Expansion in Today’s Markets – Legal Considerations, Dallas Business Network Symposium.
- “Capital Markets Emerging Issues in Credit Crisis,” Symposium – University of Texas Dallas School of Management.
- Chair, BYO Musicians Network, Inc. (a 501(c) charitable organization).
- Board Member and Chair, Nominating and Governance Committee, Dallas Film Society, Inc.
- Board Member and Former President, Sammons Center for the Arts.
- President, Sammons Center Endowment Corp.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, summa cum laude, 1976
- B.A., Western Michigan University, cum laude, 1973
Rate : $$$