Tess A. Hamilton, an associate in our Palo Alto office, practices in our Intellectual Property group, focusing on Patent Litigation. Ms. Hamilton has represented clients in a variety of litigation matters. She has experience representing innovator pharmaceutical companies, major electronics manufacturers, and leading software companies, as well as companies in the media and banking industries. Ms. Hamilton is admitted to the bar in California.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2011
- Harvard University, B.A., 2008
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Representing leading IT services company in asserting patent rights covering industry-leading procurement software.
- Successfully defended leading media companies against patent infringement claims from Helferich Patent Litigation, Ltd., whose claims were dismissed on summary judgment.
- Defended leading commercial bank against patent infringement claims regarding integral check processing practices.
- Represented specialty pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation involving flagship product, including management of large-scale discovery.
- Represented major electronics manufacturer in Section 337 Investigation before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Pro Bono :
- Obtained asylum grant for domestic abuse victim facing removal proceedings before San Francisco Immigration Court.
- Obtained favorable settlement for San Quentin State Prison inmate in civil rights lawsuit against multiple prison officials.
Rate : $$$