Theodora R. Lee has extensive courtroom experience and practices before all state and federal courts in California and all employment-related regulatory agencies. She represents employers in :
- Class action litigation
- Wrongful termination and employment discrimination litigation
- Representation cases
- Grievance arbitrations
- Title VII proceedings, including race, sex, religious and age harassment and discrimination
- State and federal wage and hour litigation
Theodora’s recent litigation successes include class actions involving disparate impact; unpaid commissions and expense reimbursement; employee status, overtime, meal and rest periods; and overtime and exempt status under the California Labor Code and Fair Labor Standards Act.
She also has served as lead trial counsel or co-counsel in multiple jury trials and obtained defense verdicts in cases alleging race discrimination, racial harassment, sexual harassment and retaliation, as well as a case alleging violation of the Unruh Civil Rights Act and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Additionally, she defends various corporations in cases in state or federal courts alleging Fair Employment and Housing Act violations, wage and hour class actions, and whistleblower and wrongful termination claims, and has obtained dismissals via summary judgment in countless cases.
A settlement commissioner, AAA certified arbitrator and mediator, Theodora has concluded more than 1,000 matters through use of private arbitration or mediation, including large, complex, multi-party litigation actions, and individuals suing their employers.
Theodora has been a contributing writer to numerous employment law publications and presents seminars on a wide variety of employment issues and regularly conducts in-house employment law training programs. Prior to entering the practice of law, Theodora worked as a Senate intern in Washington, D.C., for Senator Sam Nunn.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1987
- B.A., Spelman College, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Advisor, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
Rate : $$$