Theodore P. Augustinos advises clients in various industries on privacy and data protection, cybersecurity compliance and incident preparedness, and breach response. Ted is a Recognized Practitioner for Privacy & Data Security – Nationwide by the 2018 Chambers USA ranking and a member of the Steering Committee of the Firm’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Group.
Ted leads the Group’s Initiatives focused on the California Consumer Privacy Act and the New York DFS Cybersecurity Regulation, and its Incident Response Team. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional, accredited by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Ted serves as Co-Chair of the World Law Group’s Data Protection and Privacy Group, and as Managing Partner of the Hartford, Connecticut office of Locke Lord LLP.
Representative Experience :
- Advice on emerging legal and regulatory requirements related to the collection, use and protection of information, including the New York DFS Cybersecurity Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Design and implementation of privacy and data protection policies and incident response plans, to comply with applicable federal and state laws, and requirements of the payment card industry
- Advice on privacy, data transfer, data protection and cybersecurity issues related to InsurTech projects, including creation of data lakes and use of anonymized and aggregated data
- Response to data breaches involving millions of customers, including guiding the process of forensic investigation, conducting the required legal and regulatory analysis, coordinating responses to customers, law enforcement, regulators and the public, preparing required notifications to individuals and various governmental agencies, and responding to follow up inquiries from regulators
- Direction of forensic investigation and analysis of incident involving health records to determine whether a data breach occurred at large healthcare facility, and at vendor to multiple physicians’ practices
Community Leadership :
- South Park Inn, a shelter for homeless men, women and children
- Board of Directors, 1992-present
- Vice President, 2015-present
- Everyday Democracy, Paul J. Aicher Foundation
- Board of Directors and Treasurer, 2015-present
- The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
- Board of Overseers, 2015-present
- The Connecticut Forum
- Board of Directors, 2008-2014
- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- B.A., Government, cum laude, St. Lawrence University
Admissions : Connecticut
Rate : $$$