Theodore C. Max is a member of the Entertainment, Technology and Advertising and Intellectual Property Practice Groups in the New York office, where he focuses on counseling clients on intellectual property issues and litigation. He is leader of the firm’s Fashion and Apparel team.
Mr. Max combines his skill and experience as a trial attorney with his knowledge of copyright, trademark and intellectual property law in servicing the firm’s diverse clientele. Mr. Max has counseled clients on and litigated numerous cases involving issues on the cutting edge of copyright and trademark law.
He has assisted clients in identifying, protecting and preserving their intellectual property assets, including seeking registration of rights in the United States and internationally and taking action against infringements of copyrights, trademarks and trade dress. He also has experience developing and implementing anti-counterfeiting programs and pursuing civil and criminal enforcement remedies.
Mr. Max has actively litigated intellectual property issues, as well as licensing and franchise disputes, and the rights of publicity and privacy. He successfully has represented clients in all types of civil litigation, including alternate dispute resolution proceedings and mediation, trials and appeals.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1983, Editor-in-Chief, New York University Review of Law and Social Change, Won NYU Moot Court Competition, Mendes Herschmann Prize
- B.A., Hobart College, 1980, summa cum laude, high honors, Rhodes Scholar Finalist, Student Trustee
Admissions : New York
- Amicus Committee, International Trademark Association
- Past Chair, Publications Committee, International Trademark Association
- Past Editor-in-Chief, The Trademark Reporter®, 1999-2001
- Previous United States Original Articles Editor
- Previous International Original Articles Editor
- SubCommittee Chair, “International Annual Review of Developments in Trademark Law and Practice,” The Trademark Reporter®
Rate : $$$$