Theodore B. Randles is a litigation associate with extensive experience in affirmative and defensive litigation across a variety of subject matters, including contract disputes, tort claims, oil and gas litigation, antitrust, and complex bankruptcies.
Ted joined Venable from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), where he served a trial attorney in the Civil Division’s Commercial Litigation Branch. At the DOJ, he handled all levels of litigation, successfully defending the United States federal court system and winning total dismissal of a purported class action against the courts.
He litigated numerous multi-million-dollar oil and gas decommissioning cases on behalf of the Department of the Interior, ensuring the Gulf of Mexico and Pacific were free of idle infrastructure. He also prevailed on behalf of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in preventing an attempted sale of artifacts from the R.M.S. Titanic.
Prior to his legal career, Ted graduated from the Air Force Academy and served as a captain in the U.S. Air Force, with deployments to Iraq and the United Arab Emirates. He was awarded both U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force Commendation Medals for excellence in support of army combat operations in Iraq and air force operations in the United States.
- Intelligence officer, United States Air Force
- Trial Attorney, United States Department of Justice, Honors Program, Civil Division (Attorney General’s Honors Program)
- J.D. magna cum laude University of Florida Levin College of Law 2014
- M.A. Philosophy University of Florida 2007
- B.S. History U.S. Air Force Academy 2006
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Clerk Experience : Honorable Robert L. Hinkle U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
Rate : $$$$