Theresa Titolo concentrates her practice on securities litigation and enforcement matters, with extensive experience representing investment banks, financial institutions, accounting firms, corporations, and individual clients in both internal and external investigations and enforcement proceedings.
She represents institutions and individuals before the Securities and Exchange Commission, the US Department of Justice, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and numerous state attorneys general and state securities enforcement regulators. A special focus of her practice is defending multi-jurisdictional investigations involving both federal and state regulators with overlapping interests.
Ms. Titolo also has substantial litigation experience, defending clients in securities class actions, derivative suits, RICO actions, bankruptcy adversary proceedings and FINRA arbitrations. Ms. Titolo is a member of the firm’s State Attorney General Practice and is active in the firm’s Women’s Leadership Initiative.
- Defended a major investment bank in RMBS-related investigations by the SEC, the Department of Justice and multiple state attorneys general
- Successfully defended a broker-dealer in a FINRA arbitration brought by a former employee, obtaining a dismissal of all claims and an award of attorneys’ fees
- Defended a financial institution in a state attorney general investigation under the state’s deceptive trade practices statute
- Represented multiple investment and lending banks in a bankruptcy adversary proceeding brought on behalf of creditors of Adelphia Communications Corporation involving more than 70 bankruptcy, tort and federal statutory claims
- Represented a former chairman and CEO in simultaneous regulatory and special litigation committee investigations, shareholder litigation and derivative suits
- Represented investment adviser in Second Circuit appeal involving alleged misstatements regarding fees.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2001
- BA, University of Virginia, 1998
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, New York.
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Emilio M. Garza, US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2001 – 2002.
Rate : $$$$