Theresa M. Weisenberger focuses her practice on all aspects of patent law, including patent litigation, the preparation and prosecution of utility and design patent applications, and intellectual property transactions. She has actively represented her clients in litigation before the U.S. district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Theresa also has experience challenging patentability at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including reexamination and post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. In patent prosecution, Theresa strategically maximizes the strength of her clients’ portfolios to help them meet their legal and business goals.
She has negotiated multiple intellectual property transactions, including licenses and sales of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Her technical experience includes all aspects of electrical and computer technologies, including software and mobile applications, automotive systems, control systems, robotics, communication systems, networking, cloud computing, cryptography, and wireless technologies.
Her technical experience also includes apparel, mechanical equipment, residential and commercial appliances, and consumer products. In addition, she has successfully coordinated ongoing patent litigation with related patentability challenges before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Theresa’s experience handling complex patent litigation issues includes developing claim construction, infringement and invalidity strategies; taking and defending depositions; coordinating expert testimony; and handling pre- and post-trial briefings.
- Developed patent portfolio for vision-based adaptive control systems for automobiles.
- Defended an automotive company in multiple patent infringement lawsuits in the Eastern District of Texas involving automotive technologies and primary electronic systems.
- Represented a German multinational engineering and electronics company in the defense of multiple patent infringement lawsuits related to various automotive technologies.
- Represented a multinational electronics company in an ITC action involving mobile devices and home entertainment devices. Following trial, all four asserted patents were found not infringed and/or invalid.
- Managed the intellectual property assets of a multimillion-dollar asset acquisition.
- American Bar Association (2011 to 2016)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Post-Grant Patent Office Practice Committee (2014 to 2016)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (2011 to 2014)
Community : Global Women, Inc.: Executive Board of Director
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2011; Articles Editor, Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law,; Dean’s Scholar; Phi Delta Phi; Mock Trial Quarterfinalist; Vanderbilt Scholastic Excellence Award for Patents and Know-How
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Mississippi State University, 2008, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 65,559
Rate : $$$$