Thomas “Tom” Lidbury is the E-Discovery and Records Retention Practice Group Leader and a member of the Class Action practice group. In this role, he develops records retention information governance programs for clients throughout the firm. His practice includes a broad range of commercial, consumer class action, data breach, health care, mass tort, and employment litigation.
Tom has successfully tried cases to verdict, including winning a $159 million jury verdict, and briefed and argued appeals in state and federal courts. His background with large, complex cases led him to become a top practitioner in e-discovery and records management, including leading practice groups at other AmLaw 100 firms, serving as national discovery counsel for Fortune 100 companies, leading innovation through think tanks and publications, teaching at two law schools, testifying as an expert witness, and presiding as a Special Master in federal court.
He is a founding member of the Seventh Circuit Electronic Discovery Pilot Program Committee and co-chair of its Principle Development Subcommittee.
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis, 1992
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1989
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
Rate : $$$