Thomas M. Bailey is an associate in the business litigation practice. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of civil litigation matters, including product liability, insurance defense and zoning disputes.
Matt addresses the litigation needs of major corporations and other clients on both the plaintiff and defense sides. He counsels clients throughout the litigation cycle, including with respect to when and how to initiate litigation, how to respond to a suit, and the best strategies for reaching a settlement or for continuing to trial.
Matt draws on his experience as a law clerk for the Honorable Michael F. Urbanski, chief judge for the Western District of Virginia, where he assisted in adjudicating a variety of civil and criminal matters.
While attending Emory Law School, Matt served as a dean’s teaching fellow and executive managing editor of the Emory Law Journal. He graduated with high honors and was awarded the Order of the Coif.
Representative Matters :
- Assisted in discovery and pretrial preparation for a large national company in a high-stakes product liability suit.
- Successfully sought dismissal on behalf of a major insurance company in a negligent insurance adjusting case.
- Helped a national telecommunications company fight against anticompetitive collusion between a competitor and a municipality.
- Defended a criminal client accused of immigration crimes, and negotiated a resolution with the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Professional Experience : Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael F. Urbanski, chief U.S. District Court Judge for the Western District of Virginia, 2016-2017
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, highest honors, 2016, Executive Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2011
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$