Thomas W. Baxter represents banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, institutional investors and companies in financing transactions. He has served as counsel for holders of senior and subordinated debt, issuers and companies in connection with numerous secured and unsecured leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, debt restructurings, debtor-in-possession financings, CLOs, market-linked CDs, guaranteed investment contract backed notes, and other securitizations and structured financings.
Tom has represented financial institutions issuing or receiving letters of credit to support financings and also handled acquisitions and sales of banking and financial assets. His experience includes work on behalf of major banks, insurance companies, and other lenders as well as a number of Fortune 500 companies.
Well-regarded within the corporate finance world, Tom has been recognized by Chambers USA and IFLR, earning the distinction as a Leading Lawyer for banking and capital markets: debt in IFLR’s 2015 Top 1000 Rankings.
- Hastings College of The Law, J.D., 1983: magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- The Colorado College, B.A., History, 1977
Bar Admissions : California, New York.
Professional Activities :
- Member, Financial Lawyers Conference
- Board Member, Lamp Community
- Board of Trustees, Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School, Pasadena, California
- SunAmerica National Life Insurance Company
- The Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center
- Represented American AgCredit, in connection with a US$850 million note financing for Crown Pine.
- Represented AIG and SunAmerica in numerous mezzanine and other financings, including in connection with the issuance of over US$50 billion of guarantied investment contract backed notes, including equity-linked notes and similar investments.
- Represented Black Canyon Capital in connection with credit facilities for its portfolio companies, including Jefferson Dental Clinics and Malibu Boats, LLC.
- Represented Clarity Partners, LP in connection with credit facilities for its portfolio companies, including Modern Luxury Media, Impremedia and Naylor.
- Represented Deutsche Bank in connection with various credit facilities, including a US$450 million credit facility for Alliance Imaging and a US$225 million credit facility for Hexcel Corporation.
- Represented Francisco Partners, L.P. in connection with various credit facilities for its portfolio companies, including Foundation 9, Lynx Medical Systems, Red Prairie and Web Trends.
- Represented International Game Technology, Inc. in its US$1.7 billion credit facility and other financings.
- Represented Macerich in connection with its US$1.5 billion senior revolving credit facilities and its US$125 million term facilities.
- Represented Vector Capital in connection with portfolio company financings, including Register.com, Tripos, L.P., and Watchguard Technology, Inc.
Rate : $$$