Thomas L. Becket’s practice is concentrated in the areas of national real property law with an emphasis on the representation of real estate investors and developers, real estate portfolio owners and managers, retail mall owners and operators, telecommunications companies, oil and gas producers and distributors, high tech enterprises and automotive manufacturers in connection with corporate office, manufacturing, assembly and distribution facilities whether in the form of leasing, purchasing or sales, high-end landlord and tenant representations, retail leasing including large shopping mall transactions, acquisitions and dispositions, project development, infrastructure, project finance and commercial brokerage representations.
Tom actively represents landlords and tenants in office, industrial, retail and land leases for projects ranging in size from 1,000 square feet to more than 1,000,000 square feet. Representations include :
(i) leases for more than 30 international, national and regional law firms;
(ii) leases, licenses and easements for in excess of 15,000 communications sites, as well as complex master tower agreements and collocation agreements;
(iii) leases for large build-to-suit corporate campus facilities, call centers and industrial facilities;
(iv) high-rise office building corporate headquarters facilities; and
(v) multiple retail store and big box transactions.
Tom regularly serves as counsel for developers, buyers and sellers in multiple types of real estate acquisitions, dispositions and exchanges including office, retail, industrial and oil and gas facilities. These clients also frequently look to Tom to represent them in connection with their capital and financing needs related to their ownership and operating interests.
National real estate brokerages often consult with Tom concerning contract and compliance issues. Tom is a licensed California real estate broker.
- Representation of a Fortune 150 company in connection with the acquisition of a multi-billion dollar oil and gas refinery and distribution system.
- Representation of a privately held renewable energy company in connection with a complex sale of assets consisting of land fill gas to energy facilities.
- Multiple representations of a privately held real estate portfolio consisting of several million square feet of high-rise and campus style office developments as well as over two million square feet of retail in-line and mall facilities.
- Representation of a privately held industrial developer in connection with multi-state transactions including a 400,000 square foot warehouse lease.
- Representation of an owner/developer in connection with a one million square foot office development.
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, JD, 1976
- University of Southern California, BS, cum laude, 1973
Admissions : California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, California Association of Realtors
- Member, Beverly Hills & Greater Los Angeles Board of Realtors
- Member, Los Angeles County Probation Commission, 1982-1984
Rate : $$$$