Thomas C. Blank is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. Tom’s practice has been fully committed to serving financial institutions for over 25 years. Tom has extensive experience in the organization and ongoing representation of banks, bank holding companies, stand-alone trust companies and other financial institutions.
He regularly assists community banking organizations with merger and acquisition matters including purchase and sale of entire institutions, subsidiaries and branches. Tom represents financial institutions in both public securities offerings and private placements and provides ongoing counsel regarding reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
As a part of his practice, Tom routinely interacts with both federal and state banking and securities agencies on a wide variety of regulatory issues, including enforcement actions and agreements. He also assists his financial institution clients with general corporate matters. Tom brings a positive, “can-do” attitude to complex issues and addresses them in an efficient, cost effective manner.
Tom was a founding member of and continues to serves as General Counsel and Secretary to the Association of Trust Organizations (f.k.a. Association of Independent Trust Companies, Inc.), a trade association of trust organizations including non-depository trust companies.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University, 1981
- A.B., Miami University, 1978
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1981
- Advise Boards of Directors and management of financial institutions regarding requirements/implications of the Dodd-Frank Act and resultant regulations.
- Assist public companies with their reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including annual, quarterly and periodic reports and proxy materials.
- Assisted financial institutions in registration with the SEC of securities for public distribution and private placements of multiple types of securities including common and preferred stock, subordinated debentures and convertible instruments.
- Represented $1B asset Alabama financial holding company in acquisition of $100M community bank, and in acquisition of billing services company.
- Represented $675M Ohio bank holding company in the acquisition of $50M community bank and multiple branches from regional bank holding company.
- Assisted multifaceted financial institution with the acquisition of a Tennessee-chartered trust company.
- Represented multiple public and private financial institutions in rebuffing undesired acquisitions and proxy fights.
- Represented underwriter in public offering of $30M of common stock for a public, Ohio based financial institution.
- Represented $2B Iowa based financial institution in registered $30M common stock offering.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trust Organizations (f/k/a Association of Independent Trust Companies, Inc.), General Counsel and Secretary, 1989-present, Board of Directors, 1989-1992
- Erie Shores Council, Boy Scouts of America, Board of Directors, 1998-present, member of the Executive Committee, 2002-2007, Silver Beaver Award recipient, presented by Erie Shores counsel of the Boys Scouts, 2004
- Sylvania Historical Village, Inc., Board of Trustees, 2011-Present, President
Rate : $$$